Apr 24, 2019
Sara is an independent SEND and Safeguarding Consultant and Trainer with over 30 years teaching experience.
Sara is experienced Safeguarding Trainer. She works as a multi-agency trainer for Surrey Safeguarding Children Board, is accredited by CEOP and Safer Recruitment Consortium. She is a member of the Association of Child Protection Professionals, the Contextual Safeguarding Network and CAPE: Child Abuse and Protection in Education. As a consultant, she works to support schools including conducting TA, SEND and Safeguarding audits and reviews.
Sara has written a number of online courses and resources for a range of organisations including Inclusion Expert, School Bus, School Compass, UK Parliament Education Service and Civica Education. She blogs about SEND and Safeguarding issues.
Sara offers a wide range of safeguarding Training including:
- Working Together to Safeguarding Training- entry level training to meet the statutory requirement for safeguarding training for all staff working in schools
- New to role training for Designated Safeguarding Leads- a detailed and interactive training fulfil their statutory single agency training requirements.
- Update training for Designated Safeguarding Leads-DSLs are required to update their training regularly and this frequently update training fulfils that requirement and ensures that DSLs fully up to date with current issues in safeguarding.
- Safer Recruitment Training- This full day face to face training is accredited by the Safer Recruitment Consortium and provides a thorough and robust understanding of the issues relating to Safer Recruitment and how to ensure you meet your statutory requirement and employment the best staff to keep your pupils safe.
- PREVENT Training- There is a statutory duty to report concerns about radicalisation. This course provides a real understanding of the issues and how to respond appropriately to them.
- FGM Training- There is a statutory duty to report information about Female Genital Mutilation. This course explains what FGM is, what to look for and how to respond to concerns.
Other courses are available on request including Child Sexual Exploitation, Sexual violence and harassment between Children and Online Safety