Teaching and Learning Reviews
Jul 31, 2019
Teaching and Learning Reviews (T & L Review)
A T & L review starts with you. We will discuss what you wish to achieve from it and design the process around your needs. This means we can be sure about what you want and need, and ensure that our work meets it.
It is a collaborative process and is NOT a 'done unto' event. As such, we encourage that a member of your team is with us at every stage of the process and that he/she/they take an active part in it. We want staff to feel empowered by the process and come out of it with a clear plan of what will happen next. In fact, we often hear 'This is a coaching session, isn't it', which we feel sums up our approach. However, we are there to 'challenge the accepted norm' if needs be but this is polite, friendly and professionally done.
A typical review looks like:
- Data and information is sent by the school to the reviewer.
- A telephone conversation with a member of the school's Senior Team (usually the Headteacher) takes place.
Review Day (s)
- Meeting with the Headteacher (and others if required) to establish the focus of the day (or days).
- Meetings with the Teaching and Learning lead and other key staff.
- Lessons looks.
- Feedback to staff.
- Book reviews (with teachers and students)
- Pupil voice exercise.
- Recap with the Headteacher (and others if required) at the end of the day.
- The school will normally receive a written review within 5 working days of the last visit. This review is subject to the approval of the school.
If you need any more information or have a question please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0333 344 1976.
'The day included productive discussions around SEN provision that was developmental and professional. Solutions were suggested based around lines of enquiry that were revisited throughout the day, including the debrief. This focus ensured clear and realistic targets could be set.'
Headteacher, Middle School