Teaching Assistant (TA) Review
Jul 31, 2019
Teaching Assistant Reviews (TA Review)
As with all our work, the TA Review starts with you.
All reviews will be made bespoke to the needs of the school. The following is only a guide.
We will discuss what you wish to achieve from it and design the process around your needs. This means we can be sure about what you want and need, and ensure that our work meets it.
It is a collaborative process and is NOT a 'done unto' event. As such, we encourage that a member of your team, preferably the SENDCo, is with us at every stage of the process and that he/she/they take an active part in it. We want staff to feel empowered by the process and come out of it with a clear plan of what will happen next. In fact, we often hear 'This is a coaching session, isn't it', which we feel sums up our approach. However, we are there to 'challenge the accepted norm' if needs be but this is polite, friendly and professionally done.
A typical review looks like:
- Data and information on SEND, TA numbers and deployment is sent by the school to the reviewer.
- A telephone conversation with a member of the school's Senior Team (usually the Headteacher) takes place.
- Meeting with the Headteacher (and others if required) to establish the focus of the day.
- Meetings with the SENDCo and other key Staff.
- A review of every aspect of the TA work.
- A review of documents such as EHCPs and IEPs etc.
- Learning walks with staff that are focused on example EHCPs or IEPs. Looking at how TAs address the needs of these learners in the classroom.
- Meetings with TAs.
- Meeting with teachers.
- Recap with the Headteacher (and others if required) at the end of the day.
- The school will normally receive a written review within 5 working days of the visit. This review is subject to the approval of the school.
If you need any more information or have a question please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or on 0333 344 1976.
'Open, empathetic yet challenging.'
Headteacher (Special School)
Visit us on Facebook page to find out our latest news and information
View our Twitter feed for thoughtful insights and updates